Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as technical specialist responsible for, but not limited to, monitoring; operating and managing; troubleshooting; network restore actions; node/network configuration; administration; and security management; of any of the components comprising the DISN or DRSN networks. These include data/voice communications equipment, multiplexers (such as modems, circuit switching units, data switching units, secure telephone switches and PBX’s), data terminal equipment, (such as front-end processors, routers, 3270/SNA devices) and transmission media (such as coaxial and twisted pair cables, satellite, microwave, and fiber optics both vendor-provided and government owned).
- Performs pro-active monitoring of network elements alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure.
- Accomplishes this through use of network management system(s) and associated assets on a continuous (rotating shifts) basis. Performs fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on real-time basis.
- Interfaces with functional users as well as remote operations centers in both routine and reactive monitoring situations.
- Maintains logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
- Executes all reporting functions and data input associated with network management.
- Monitors security posture of network(s); reports suspected violations to designated authority.
- Coordinates with configuration management and implementation entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
- Provides functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training and quality assurance/quality control to Associate personnel.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, work experience may be substituted for education requirement.
- Occasional lifting of 25 pounds+ may be required.
- Other duties as assigned; may change at any time.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ogden UT Scott AFB IL
Required Clearance: DoD TS/SCI